Last Revised July 7, 2021
This Site (as defined herein) is operated by School Spirit Builders, LLC dba SSB, LLC on its own behalf or in combination with one of its affiliates (collectively referred to herein, solely for ease of reference, as SSB, LLC, us or we).
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information We Collect Directly From You
We may collect personal information directly from you when you purchase a product through our Site or over the phone, create an account on our Site, call customer service, register to receive our offers, live chat with us, request a catalog, sign up for an event or webinar, interact with us at a trade show or similar event, participate in any contests, sweepstakes and/or other promotions or otherwise choose to provide personal information to us. We may collect the following personal information directly from you:
• Direct Identifiers, such as your name, email address, phone number, tax identification number, account username and password and other similar information.
• Personal Records, such as your phone number, fax number, bank account information and payment card number and related information to process payments.
• Commercial Information, such as the products you purchase or receive from us, your shipping address, your billing address and information you provide in connection with your order.
• Other Personal Information, such as other information you provide to us, including information you provide when you seek our assistance purchasing products or send us an email. Some forms on the Site may require that you provide certain personal information to submit the form. You may choose not to provide personal information in those cases but this may prevent you from being able to use certain features of our Site.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically
We may automatically collect personal information about you when you access or use our Site. The methods that may be used on our Site to automatically collect personal information include:
• Log Information: When your computer or mobile device contacts our web servers (for example, when you visit this Site or view an HTML e-mail), our web servers automatically collect usage information. Such usage information includes information about how our visitors use and navigate our Site and can include the number and frequency of visitors to each web page as well as the length of their stays, browser type, referrer data that identifies the web page visited prior and subsequent to visiting our Site, and IP addresses. We also may determine the applicable technology available in order to serve you the most appropriate version of a web page, e-mail, advertising or promotional announcement or similar service. This information is used to analyze and improve this Site and to provide you with a more fulfilling and relevant experience.
• Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: Cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies (tracking technologies) may be used to collect information about your interactions with the Site. Brief descriptions of common tracking technologies are provided below: Cookies: A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer’s hard drive or stored temporarily in your computer’s memory. There are two kinds of cookies: those that are session oriented and those that are persistent. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our Site and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain longer and help in understanding how you use the Site and enhance your user experience. Cookies may remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. Most web browsers accept cookies automatically. You can delete cookies manually or set your browser to automatically delete cookies on a pre-determined schedule. If you use your browser’s method of blocking or removing cookies, some but not all types of cookies may be deleted and/or blocked and as a result, some features and functionalities of the Site may not work. Please see Your Choices below for information on your choices related to tracking technologies.
• Flash Cookies: Adobe’s Flash Player is used by many websites that offer video and other interactive content. By default, your use of the Adobe Flash Player generates flash cookies (also known as persistent identification elements or local shared objects), which are data files that are placed on your device via the Adobe Flash plug-in and are locally stored on your device other than in the browser and browser settings won’t control them. The Adobe Flash Player (and similar applications) use flash cookies to remember user settings, preferences and usage similar to the browser cookies referenced above. Please see Your Choices for information on your choices related to flash cookies.
• Web Beacons: Our web pages or e-mail messages may contain a small graphic image called a web beacon, which is sometimes also called a clear gif, that allows us to monitor and collect certain limited information about our users, such as the type of browser requesting the web beacon, the IP address of the computer that the web beacon is sent to and the time the web beacon was viewed. Web beacons can be very small or invisible to the user, but, in general, any electronic image viewed as part of a web page or e-mail, including HTML based content, can act as a web beacon. We may use web beacons to count visitors to our web pages or to monitor how our users navigate our Site, and we may include web beacons in e-mail messages in order to count how many of the messages we sent were actually opened or acted upon. We may use web beacons to compile aggregate statistics about our Site and our marketing campaigns.
We may automatically collect the following personal information from you in connection with your use of our Site or interactions with promotional emails:
• Direct Identifiers, such as your IP address.
• Internet Activity Information, such as information about your browser type, device used to access our Site, operating system and data regarding network-connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device) as well as information regarding your interactions with pages you visit on our Site or whether you clicked on an email from us.
Personal Information We Collect From Others
We may obtain personal information about you from other sources, including trade groups such as PPAI and ASI. We may obtain the following personal information about you from others:
• Personal Records, such as whether you are a member of the promotional products industry.
Personal Information of Job Applicants
If you apply for a position through one of our job postings, we collect the personal information you voluntarily provide to us, including your name, email address, telephone number and resume. We use this personal information solely to assess your qualifications, to contact you regarding the application process and to manage your application.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information to:
• Provide you products and services;
• Improve our Site and our products and services;
• Communicate with you and send you marketing communications;
• Maintain the security of our Site;
• and Comply with our legal obligations and respond to legal proceedings.
Provide you products and services: We use your personal information, such as your contact information, payment card information and order information, to provide you products and services you request, including to process your transactions and payments and fulfill your orders, create and administer your account and communicate with you and provide you customer service in relation to the products and services you request. We also use your personal information, such as information about the products you order, to continue to improve our product and service offerings.
Improve our Site and our products and services: In order to improve your experience on our Site and the functionality of our Site, we use your personal information to analyze how the Site is being accessed and used. To improve our products and services, and continue to provide you products that you are interested in, we may use your personal information to track customer activity and the products that you are purchasing. We may also use your personal information to evaluate attendance at trade shows and interest in our products.
Communicate with you and send you marketing communications. We may communicate with you about your orders or your account, provide you transaction confirmations, payment alerts or other service or product related messages via mail, email or fax. We may also use your personal information to send you promotional communications about products and services we believe may be of interest to you. We may send communications via e-mail or regular mail.
Maintain the security of our Site: To maintain the security and integrity of our Site, we use your personal information to detect security incidents, protect our Site against fraudulent and illegal activity and enforce our terms and condition.
Comply with our legal obligations and respond to legal proceedings: We use your personal information to comply with our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations, including maintaining records of our compliance with federal and state law requirements. We may also use your personal information to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information under the following circumstances:
• With your consent or at your direction: We will share your personal information with entities outside of alphabroder when we have your consent to do so or it is done at your direction.
• Within School Spirit Builders, LLC: We may share personal information with other divisions within School Spirit Builders, LLC
• Third parties providing services on our behalf: We may engage third parties to perform services in connection with the operation of our business. Examples of these services include: (a) content providers, (b) product customization, (c) marketing and promotional material distribution, (d) website evaluation, (e) data collection, storage, management, analysis and, where applicable, cleansing, and (f) freight companies; and (g) any other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We may share personal information with these third parties to the extent it is needed to perform their duties and functions.
• School Spirit Builders, LLC security: We may share personal information when legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation or to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Site and applicable laws. We may also disclose personal information whenever we believe disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of School Spirit Builders, LLC, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, customers or others.
• Online marketing and advertising partners: We may share personal and other information with thirdparty online marketing and advertising partners or permit these partners to collect information from you directly on our Sites to personalize online advertising. The section above under Personal Information We Automatically Collect has more details about these activities.
• Promotions: If you choose to enter a contest, sweepstakes or promotion, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with such promotion, including without limitation for purposes of posting your entry with attribution or otherwise as permitted in the official rules for the promotion in question, fulfilling your prize or including your name on a winners list. Also, by entering a promotion, we may require you to consent to the use of your personal information, such as name, voice or likeness, in advertising, promotional and marketing materials. In addition, we may offer certain promotional content, such as a sweepstakes, sponsored by or co-branded with a third party, who may obtain the personal information that you submit.
• Trade groups: We may share your personal information with trade groups such as PPAI and ASI in order to verify that a potential customer is a member of the promotional products industry.
• Corporate change: We reserve the right to disclose, share and/or otherwise transfer personal information, including personal information collected through the Site, in connection with a corporate merger, acquisition, consolidation, the sale of a portion of our business or the sale of substantially all of alphabroder’s assets, or other fundamental corporate change, whatever form it may take, including as part of the negotiations or diligence of such transaction. In addition, if any bankruptcy, liquidation or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, such information may be considered an asset of ours and may be sold or transferred to third parties.
ANALYTICS AND THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISEMENTS
Some information about your use of our Site and certain third-party services may be collected using cookies and similar technologies across time and services, and used by us and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use, and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the online services and certain third-party services.
Certain functionalities on our Site may permit interactions that you initiate between the Site and thirdparty services, such as social networks (Social Features). Examples of Social Features include features enabling you to like or share our content and features. If you use Social Features, and potentially other third-party services, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed by the third-party service you use. Also, both School Spirit Builders, LLC and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of the Site and the third-party service.
INFORMATION YOU PUBLICLY DISCLOSE
The Site may permit you to post or submit content publicly such as if you comment on a blog post or provide a review or testimonial. If you choose to submit content containing personal information to any public area of the online services, your content will be accessible by anyone, including us. We encourage you to exercise caution when making decisions about what you disclose in such public areas.
We maintain technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet and online digital storage are not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information collected through the Site. Any information you provide us is at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that such information will not be lost, accessed without authorization, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you are visiting this Site from outside the United States, please be aware that alphabroder is based in the United States and the information we collect will be processed and stored on our servers in the United States. The data protection laws and regulations applicable to your personal information transferred to the United States may be different from the laws in your country of residence.
Unsubscribe from Promotional Emails
You may unsubscribe from receiving promotional emails from this Site by clicking on an unsubscribe hyperlink contained in promotional emails we send you. Additionally you may send us a message requesting to unsubscribe using ourContact Us page. Please be aware that we will process your request as quickly as we reasonably can, but it may not be possible to update our systems immediately. Because customer lists often are prepared well in advance of an offering (sometimes a few months before the offer is made), you may continue to receive some offers after you send us a request not to use your information for specified marketing purposes. We appreciate your patience and understanding in giving us time to carry out your request.
Opt-Out of Tracking Technologies
Regular cookies generally may be disabled or removed using tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. The choices available, and the mechanism used, will vary from browser to browser. Such browser settings are typically found in the options, tools or preferences menu. You may also consult the browser’s help menu. You can learn more about cookies and how to block cookies on different types of browsers by visiting https://schoolspiritbuilders.com. Also, tools from commercial browsers may not be effective with regard to Flash cookies (also known as locally shared objects), HTML5 cookies or other Tracking Technologies. For information on disabling Flash cookies, visit https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-localshared-objects-flash.html. Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies, some parts of our Site may not work and when you revisit our Site, your ability to limit browser-based tracking technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Do Not Track Signals
Your browser settings may also allow you to transmit a Do Not Track signal when you visit various websites. Like many websites, our Site is not designed to respond to Do Not Track signals received from browsers. To learn more about Do Not Track signals, you may wish to visit https://allaboutdnt.com.
Opt-Out of Interest-Based Advertising
You can generally opt-out of receiving targeted ads from third-party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) by visiting http://optout.networkadvertising.org. You may also opt-out of receiving targeted advertisements from other companies that perform interestbased advertising services via the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) site at http://optout.aboutads.info/. Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above you may need to execute optouts for each browser or device that you use. Opting out of interest-based advertising does not mean you will no longer see advertising online but it does mean that the companies from which you opt-out will no longer show ads that have been tailored to your interests.
This Website is not directed toward children under 18 years of age nor do we knowingly collect information from children under 18. If you are under 18, please do not submit any personal information to us on the Site.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California residents have the privacy rights listed below. The rights granted under the California Consumer Privacy Act and Shine the Light are not the same. To exercise your rights, you will need to follow the directions that are specific to each law.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Please note that the CCPA provides certain exceptions with respect to the personal information that we collect in connection with providing products or services to other businesses or when receiving products or services from our suppliers. Similarly, it does not apply to information we collect in the context of a person’s role as a job applicant, employee or contractor of alphabroder. With respect to the personal information collected in connection with the above individuals or circumstances, you may not have any or all of the privacy rights listed below.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information in the Past 12 Months
The CCPA requires that we make certain disclosures about our general collection, use and disclosure of personal information over the past 12 months. Accordingly, in the past 12 months:
• we collected the categories of personal information from the sources and for purposes detailed in Personal Information We Collect and How We Use Your Personal Information above.
• we did not sell any personal information, and we will not sell any personal information in the future, as we understand this term based on the CCPA and its implementing regulations.
• we disclosed to the entities described in How We Share Your Personal Information, the following categories of personal information: Direct Identifiers and Commercial Information. You have the right to request to know more specific disclosures about your personal information as detailed under Request to Know below.
California Privacy Rights
California residents may have the following privacy rights:
• Request to Know. You have the right to request to know: (i) the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you; (ii) the categories of personal information we have collected about you in the past 12 months; (iii) the categories of sources from which that personal information was collected; (iv) the categories of your personal information that we sold or disclosed in the past 12 months; (v) the categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold or disclosed in the past 12 months; and (vi) the purpose for collecting and selling your personal information. You may exercise your right to request to know twice a year, free of charge. Please note, in response to a request to know, we are prohibited from disclosing your Social Security number, driver’s license number or other government-issued identification number, financial account number, any health insurance or medical identification number, an account password or security questions and answers.
• Request to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information that we have collected from you. We may deny your request under certain circumstances, such as if we need to comply with our legal obligations or complete a transaction for which your personal information was collected. If we deny your request to delete, we will let you know the reason why.
• Right to Non-Discrimination. If you choose to exercise any of these rights, we will not discriminate against you in any way. If you exercise certain rights, understand that you may be unable to use or access certain features of our Site or services.
To make a request to know or a request to delete, call us at 1-305-767-8747 or email us your request at email@example.com.
We will take steps to verify your identity before processing your request to know or request to delete. We will not fulfill your request unless you have provided sufficient information for us to reasonably verify you are the individual about whom we collected Personal Information. If you have an account with us, we will use our existing account authentication practices to verify your identity. If you do not have an account with us, we may request additional information about you so that we can verify your identity. We will only use the Personal Information you provide to verify your identity and to process your request, unless you initially provided the information for another purpose.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete. When we verify your agent’s request, we may verify both your and your agent’s identity and request a signed document from you that authorizes your agent to make the request on your behalf. To protect your Personal Information, we reserve the right to deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
Shine the Light
California residents are entitled once a year to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for the third party’s own direct marketing purposes during the immediately prior calendar year. To request this information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail sent to: SSB, LLC 12237 SW 132nd CT, Miami, Florida 33186. Your inquiry must specify Shine the Light Request in the subject line of the email or the first line of the letter, and include your name, street address, city, state and zip code.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or our other information practices, please contact us at:
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 1-305-767-8747
SSB, LLC Attn: General Counsel
12237 SW 132nd CT
Miami, FL 33186